Saturday, 13 March 2010

Tempeh wrap lunchbox


Friday's lunchbox was a tempeh wrap (with a bit of extra tempeh on the side); a local autumn plum; some rice crackers & cream cheese; and a blueberry & vanilla yogurt.

When I picked Lily up from preschool her crackers and cream cheese were gone, as was her yogurt (but she told me that she dropped it and I don't know how much she had before that happened) and a few pieces of tempeh. The wrap, however, was still mostly intact and the plum had barely been touched.

I asked her why she didn't eat her lunch and she said that she was too tired. I think her preschool is just fabulous, except for one little detail: they don't sit the kids down to lunch until 1pm. To me that is absolutely crazy! Lily is generally ready for lunch around 11:30-12 (aren't many adults?), and she is exhausted by 1pm. I've talked to them about it, but nothing seems to have changed...

To be fair, they do have a decent morning tea around 10:30-11am with fruit & veggies, and yesterday the children had cooked a 'cheesy vegetable bake' and eaten that with their morning tea (and this is fairly common). So, I may be overreacting. I do, however, wish that they would eat a little earlier.

Fortunately most of the food didn't go to waste. We had tofu, veggies & rice for dinner, and I added in the rest of her tempeh & the veggies from her wrap to her plate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin