Saturday, 17 June 2006

Magical Mystery revealed

Apparently Leonardo da Vinci once said "...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return."

If that's the truth, then I'm going to get a very sore neck.

C, in all her ingenious secrecy, paid for me to jump out of a perfectly good, if rather small, air plane this morning.

Skydiving is something I've always wanted to do, but never quite gotten around to. I'm not sure if I ever would have gotten around to it had C not pushed me - not literally of course, the expert jumper who was strapped to my back was the only one doing the pushing.



I don't really have much to say about it other than that it was absolutely the most exhilarating experience of my life. Exhilarating, that is, not enriching - I'm not quite that shallow.

It was a truly, truly amazing experience and one I'll never, ever forget.

In place of more blather from me, here are a few photos that C took during the whole process.

Just hanging around before take-off.

Trying to look brave.

That's me, that tiny little blur!

Me again, somewhat bigger.

And again, about to land on C's head (I missed).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin