Friday, 27 July 2007

Haneef charge dropped

After a review by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions the charges against Mr Haneef have been dropped. Despite this the AFP are standing by the advice that they gave to the Minister for Immigration which led to Mr Haneef's visa being revoked.

There is something seriously wrong with this country.

Mr Haneef gave his old sim card to his cousin before leaving England for Australia.
As far as we know, for this action alone the poor guy has spent the last 4 weeks in jail and will now be deported.

I have 18 cousins. If I was leaving Australia and any one of them wanted to use my sim card, I would have given it to them. Had this action then landed me in jail, and then subsequently deported at my own expense, I would have been pretty appalled. I would have also considered the justice system of my new country of residence to be pretty flawed.

John Howard declared today that he believed that Mr Hannef had at all times been treated fairly by the Austrlian authorities.

John Howard is a moron.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin