Tuesday, 5 December 2006

WooHoo!!

It's all over the news, but just in case you've been living under a domestic rock (focused on ALP switch backing), here it is in capital letters:

BOLTON QUIT!

Well "quit" might be giving him, and the Bush administration, a little too much credit. His term at the UN (never confirmed by the way) is expiring (again) and there is no way the new congress is going to have a bar of confirming the appointment. Finally, the cronies have seen the writing on the wall, and the writing says "Get out of New York John Bolton".

I'm still in Vientiane and have come down with a nasty head cold. The last couple of days have been a blur of meetings which have barely penetrated through the cotton wool padding surrounding my brain.

I stumbled out of bed this morning to check email and the news and was jerked out of my self pity by the Guardian's headline: "US ambassador to UN John Bolton resigns".

All I can say at this point is two down, two to go (for now).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin