Since I love a good bargain, and wanted to avoid having to shop ever again, I decided to buy two different kits: The three-quarter length kit with bootleg pants in Pistachio and Black, and the Short-sleeve kit in Charcoal (unfortunately with legging, but what can you do?). I also called them up and told them that I was going overseas next week and asked if they could speed up the shipping. They promised to do so.
True to their word, the kits arrived this morning. I was so shocked that I almost turned the delivery guy away. Anyway, I also got quite excited and ripped open the package in the lift on the way back upstairs. This was my first ever Internet purchase.
I opened the three-quarter kit first. It was great. The bootleg pants were actually flattering. The long skirt did my butt no favours, but it was very wearable, and the pistachio top with 3/4 sleeves was actually quite nice. I was over the moon, and then I opened the second kit.
I knew that I was in trouble straight away when I saw the t-shirt, but I decided to try on the other pieces first. The short skirt fit, which started to make me feel better, but then I tried on the dress. Tent would have been a better description. Determined to make this a success, I decided to try on the t-shirt. First, I put on the leggings underneath and let's just acknowledge that these are never flattering and that charcoal only makes the situation worse. But, you know, some things are even worse than charcoal leggings...

All I can say is that I think that this package may have been mislabeled. Oh, and I guess I will be heading down to the post office this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment