Sunday, 21 September 2008

Veg*n Meal Plan Monday

This week P and I thought that we would go back to planning our meals for the week again. It always made meal times and shopping so much easier, as well as meaning that we ate better and had less waste at the end of the week.

Having seen the idea of Meal Plan Monday for the first time at HPP last week, I was going to join in this week over at Organising Junkie. But the thing is, while I think that it is a great idea, I didn't find the list of over 300 meal plans very helpful for me because I had no idea which ones were full of meat (and, thus, not particularly inspiring for our household).

AND SO... I thought that I might try to start a new list over here just for veg*n (vegetarian and vegan) meal plans. So if you have a veg*n meal plan for the week then please feel free to join in a leave a comment with a link below. If we end up with enough of us then I'll install a "Mister Linky" thingy to make it a little easier [or I'll get P - my IT department - to do it for me :)]. I'll also make sure to put up a Veg*n Meal Plan Monday post every week so that you can link in if you wish to. Here is a little 'button' that you can use if you like. I'll have my IT department (P) make it active in a couple of days so that it actually functions as a link (if you have any tips for him, please do share them with us).


Here is our meal plan for the week (including Sunday dinner, because we use the leftovers for lunch later in the week). I have also included our shopping lists too, because, well, I am like that.

I have tried to include lots of early spring vegetables (like yummy fresh asparagus, asian greens, broccoli and salad greens) in order to focus on local seasonal foods. You might also notice that our meal plan includes a lot of recipes from Veganomicon ('V'). That is because we only recently bought it and so this seemed like a great time to get organised and try a few of the recipes. I'll let you know what I think.

The Plan
Sunday
Dinner: Moroccan tangine with spring vegetables and couscous (VwaV 178)
[This was absolutely delicious, by the way. I can highly recommend it.]



Monday
Lunch: Chili & Quinoa (leftovers)
Dinner: Salt & Pepper Tofu with Asian greens, asparagus, mushrooms & soba noodles
[NB: soak white beans for tomorrow]



Tuesday
Lunch: Tangine leftovers
Dinner: Rustic white beans and mushrooms with brown rice (V 120)
[NB: soak black beans for tomorrow]

Wednesday
Lunch: Quick fried rice
Dinner: Black bean burgers (V 98)

Thursday
Lunch: Rustic white bean leftovers
Dinner: Broccoli-millet croquettes (V 51) with a tempeh salad

Friday
Lunch: Black bean burgers
Dinner: Friday night pizza



Shopping List
Food Co-op
red lentils; millet; bread flour; cinnamon sticks; quinoa; carrots (2); zucchini (2); english spinach; toilet paper

Supermarket
tomato paste; marinated artichokes; tempeh; soy milk; black beans

Farmer's Outlet

Monday: tofu; asparagus; asian greens; celery (1/2); small leek; fresh coriander; salad greens; mandarins; apples
Thursday: tomatoes (4); olives; mushrooms; salad greens; broccoli; basil (?)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin