No more photos I'm afraid. Carrying Lily and our stuff (towels, water, hats, swimmers, snack, wallet, phone...) is quite enough without having a DSLR to worry about. I should have packed the compact camera, but I didn't think of it. We have been having a lovely time though - lots of swimming, playing in playgrounds, exploring the town, seeking out edible food and gazing at the beautiful harbour full of clear water, boats and fish.
At home we had been having trouble getting Lily's bedtime to anything resembling a reasonable hour. Despite rising before 6am, she has been wide awake until well after 8pm - sometimes as late as 9:30 or 10pm. Interestingly though she has been sleeping in for longer here and crashing quite early. She was out like a light at 6pm tonight. I think that she is just completely worn out from all of the activity of our days.
This morning we took the ferry across to a small Island opposite our hotel and found a little beach to play on. Lily and I sat in the shallow water looking at all the shells and sunbleached coral around us. Every now and then Lily would declare that a piece of coral was a particular animal. There were lots of zebras in the water with us. In the afternoon we went back across to the island to play in the swimming pool and children's playground. Lily was having so much fun that we decided to get P to meet us over there for dinner rather than coming back. Unfortunately the 'Pad Thai' that I had been looking forward to was tiny and missing most of its ingredients... but it was still a lovely day. (Asia is certainly a more vegetarian-friendly place than the Pacific.)
Tomorrow I think that we will go and check out the Lagoon on the other side of the Island. I'll take the camera this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment