I had a job interview yesterday. I really hate job interviews.
I seem to have a special skill whereby I sit down, listen carefully, answer lucidly, stand up, shake hands, walk out the door and immediately forget every question and every answer. This results in me never actually having a clue as to how the interview went until I find out the result.
The worst thing is that this particular interview was for a promotion within the same organisation, so not only did I know the panel members, I know that they know all about me. There's no mystery left at all. Where's the fun in that I ask?
Anyway, shall know the outcome of my (possibly) incoherent ramblings within a couple of weeks, by which time we'll be on the verge of leaving for South Africa, which will conveniently lessen the sting of failure, should that be forthcoming. Fingers crossed, of course, that failure isn't forthcoming and in all honesty I think I probably did okay, but one should never count ones chickens (particularly when one is vegan...)
No comments:
Post a Comment