Wednesday, 9 August 2006

winter

The sun has started shining more brightly of late and yesterday I was even feeling quite warm while sitting in the park at lunchtime. And yet, I am utterly bored with winter. I am yearning for a few days on the beach. I would like to lie (briefly) in the warm sun and go for a swim.

My research is at a very boring point (I am trying to gather together a large number of facts, read over last few weeks, and to condense them into a small number of words) and I just want to be on holidays. The bother is that we took a holiday just over two months ago.

A long weekend would do though.

I was momentarily excited at the prospect of the census, but it really is very boring. I know that each extra question costs money, but I do wish that they could throw in a few interesting ones, like:
  1. How many countries have you visited?
  2. Which was your favourite?
  3. How many pairs of shoes to do you own?
  4. What do you think of Alan Jones?
  5. What did you eat today?
  6. Did you just lie on the last question to make yourself feel better?
  7. What else did you eat?
  8. What is your favourite form of dancing?
You know, just something that seems to ignite a bit of personality into the form. It ended up feeling a bit like doing the tax return - except I usually get something at the end of that, so it is infinitely more interesting. Incidentally, I realised this year that I had actually managed to pay not one cent of income tax, so I didn't have a lot to report. If I had been paid for my tutoring a week earlier, it would have been quite a different story though...

I think that I am going to have lunch now. Maybe I will feel more inspired after I have eaten.

Update: More suggestions and discussion over at LP.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin