Lately, I have been letting little things build up. I have let a pile of papers grow on the corner of my desk, and left another small group sitting in the newly created 'household inbox'. I have also had a growing number of stickies filing my desktop to remind me to get on top of all of this personal administration.
Once it built up to a certain level, it just seemed too big to tackle, and so my little problem continued to grow. Yesterday, however, I found my motivation and tackled things head on.
I called my superannuation organisation to ask why I was receiving mail in two different names (one very similar to my own), only to find out that not only was I receiving someone else's mail, but also somehow the superannuation people had managed to roll my old super accounts into that person's account instead of my own. After speaking to a few different people, I was able to sort this out and get my money back.
I also paid some bills online, updated our health insurance information, paid for our flights to South Africa, and filed away a whole bunch of bills and papers. Well before midday my desk was clear, as was my desktop and my conscience. I felt great.
Now it is Saturday morning and there are no administrative tasks looming over the weekend. Plus the weather is supposed to be glorious. How good is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment