It's not like she's gone for long (10 days, 11 nights) but I can't help but feel we've spent more than enough time apart already this year and another week and a bit might just tip the balance into an unreasonable amount of time (about 4 months) to spend apart in your first year of marriage.
Still HK will be fantastic for her and it's exactly the place she should be right now and I'll keep myself busy watching all those terrible movies I never rent because I know she will hate them. I'll potter and read a lot. Get lots of exercise. Blog myself stupid. And before I know it she'll be back.
Actually, she won't really be back. We're meeting on an island in middle of the Mekong River in the south of Laos. We'll spend a couple of days there doing nothing much and then cross the border into Cambodia and make our way down to PP to spend xmas with Cristy's mum and brother.
After that we're off to another island (this time in Thailand) for a bit more r'n'r before coming back to Vientiane to pack up our lives and head on home.
It doesn't sound all that bad when I put it like that, but I'm still not looking forward to the next 10 days.
Why didn't I go to HK again?
No comments:
Post a Comment