I hate summernats. For those of you lucky enough not to live in our nation's capital and who have no idea what I'm talking about, summernats is an annual event during which the vast majority of the nation's petrol heads drive their inefficient (but apparently "fully sick") petrol guzzling cars to Canberra in order to drive them around in circles and see who can:
a) make the most blue smoke;
b) drive the fastest down a ludicrously short track;
c) get the drunkest;
d) be the worst tourist in town (this one is especially hotly contested); and
e) be the most sexist arsehole in existence.
I can't remember the last time I was in Canberra at this time of year, and I hope this will be the last time in living memory (I swear it's worse than when I lived waaaaay too close to the formula one race track in Melbourne).
To top off all the general ickyness, the bastards had so many fireworks going off this evening that Lily ahs only just gotten to sleep.
It seems $1.50 a litre isn't enough to dissuade them. It's a good thing the price of petrol will just keep on rising. I wonder how expensive it will have to get before these infantile events become prohibitively expensive and die a sad and lonely death? Can't come too soon as far as the planet and I are concerned.
No comments:
Post a Comment