Sunday, 26 November 2006

Safely in Vientiane

I'm here. Nothing seems to have changed dramatically in the last 10 months or so. A few new buildings here and there, but essentially exactly as I remember it.
 
The new airport in Bangkok, though, is a whole other story. The place is just enormus and doesn't seem to be running smoothly just yet. There were tired and dispirited lost people everywhere you turned, and they were just the staff!
 
Things seemed to be just holding together - like everything might just fall apart any second.
 
Despite the size of the place there were huge cues everywhere, and while business class travellers (as I am lucky enough to be when jetting around for work) are shielded from most of it there is still a palpable sense of confusion in the air.
 
No digital camera here, as C is taking it on her trips while I'm away, so no first re-impression pictures have been made. I'll get some film for the SLR and make a few shots at some point though.
 
More from me as time permits - most likely in the sad and lonely evenings... (boohoo).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin