I think that I might be going just a little crazy.
As you may know, I am currently in Manila doing some fieldwork for my PhD. I have been running around interviewing tons of people from NGOs, government, private business, the World Bank, urban poor communities, etc... and trying to gather information on the impact of the privatisation of Metro Manila's water supply on the right to water. The research has been really interesting - if also extremely exhausting and challenging, and would normally be dominating my thoughts.
However, last night I could not sleep because my brain was busy listing activities for children's birthday parties, decorating our non-existent nursery (Loobylu may be responsible for this), planning fun vegan lunchboxes for our unborn child (VeganLunchbox is just about to come out in print - so at least this has a basis), and planning a menu for a Christmas party that I would like to host for friends before family madness begins...
I can only put this down to pregnancy hormones, but it certainly feels very odd.
Fortunately, today is my last day of interviews so I won't have to run around like a mad thing after it is over. First, I have a meeting with the team leader of the water team from the Freedom from Debt Coalition, then I am meeting the NGO liaison from Manila Water to go on a tour of an urban poor community that they work with. Should be very interesting... I must try not to think about baking gingerbread.
No comments:
Post a Comment