Thursday, 2 March 2006

Howard celebrates a decade as PM

10 years

Tens years of cuts to education and health. Tens of years of lying and manipulation. Ten years of increased polarisation. Ten years of demonising asylum seekers, single mothers, and welfare recipients. Tens of attacking worker's rights. Ten years of sucking up to the US. Tens years of rolling back human rights.

As someone pointed out recently, this means that people of my generation have never voted in a federal election in which Howard didn't win. In fact, for ten years I have actually voted in every election in which he did win.

Why? Why? Why?

The worst part is that I am so unimpressed with the ALP at the moment that my only emotion should they win the next election would be relief that it was not the Coalition. Hence why I have gone and joined the Greens. I realise that they are in no position (numbers-wise etc. to actually run the country), but at least I actually agree with their policies.

Today is not my favourite day of the year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin