To cut a very long story short, I was wrong. I am not sure what happened to all of the hoards of people searching for accommodation, but we actually ended up getting the very first place that we applied for, and it has been working out really well.
The next hurdle, of course, was the whole unpacking thing.
This is not something that I enjoy. I have moved far too many times in my life and seem to enjoy it less each time I do it (a bit like flying, really). When we got into our new apartment, we had boxes of crap everywhere and it seemed like we were never going to get settled in. To give you some idea, this is what it looked like:




*(The view was the consolation at the time)
However, last weekend I think that we really turned the corner into 'essentially settled in'. At P's insistence, we pulled everything out of the cupboards and actually organised it. We filed all our documents, and created a spreadsheet on our expenses. We started (and almost finished) gluing the lights from Bangkok together, and we are very close to actually getting something up on the walls. In short, I think that we are now unpacked and must, therefore, never leave.
So, I introduce you to our new (and permanent, until we actually purchase our own) home:






Have a lovely weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment