Thursday, 1 January 2009

Happy New Year

I hope that you all had a lovely NYE.

We spent yesterday morning at the zoo and the afternoon at the beach. It was such a lovely sunny day. Lily ran around like a 'mad fool' (as she now calls herself) and paddled about in the water, while we ate yummy hot chips and drank soy lattes. I love Balmoral.

In the evening, Lily shocked us all by staying awake for the 9pm fireworks (she had had an early sleep and a huge day) and so we wandered down to the harbour to watch them. She enjoyed the lights in the sky at first (although she kept asking to see the bangs), but quickly got very tired and told us "I don't want to see them anymore. They're a bit scary." So we wandered home to bed.

I heard the midnight fireworks, but couldn't even be bothered lifting my head to watch them out the window (my Dad's guest bedroom actually had a pretty good view of them - as I have found out in year's past by making a habit of watching them from bed... oh I am so lazy). Cuddles with Lily was quite celebratory enough for me.

This morning P and I wandered up to Milson's Point in search of coffee and found a gorgeous little french cafe that we had never noticed before. It lead us back to our ongoing reverie about running our own little cafe somewhere and then on to other (possibly more realistic) schemes about what we might do when we grow up. I love those mornings when the world seems so full of delicious possibilities...

This is also why I love New Year's Day. The new year is such a clean slate and life feels full of delicious possibilities. What are your schemes and dreams for 2009?

I think that I might...
  • Start baking pastries and new kinds of bread
  • Do more walking (maybe in the evenings with our little night owl)
  • Stop buying juice from the supermarket
  • Sew myself a new wrap around skirt (or two...)
  • Take more photos & video
  • Send more handwritten letters and cards
  • Come ridiculously close to finish off my annoying PhD and move on with my life
  • Start handmaking Christmas presents a little earlier in the year
I'd add that I plan to do more yoga, but that one is getting a little repetitive these days and so I'd better just leave it off...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin