Lily has taken to waking up rather early of late. This is both good and bad at the same time. Good beacuse she and I get to spend a couple of hours or so together while C catches up on some much needed sleep. Bad because I'm rather buggered.
The early waking thing has happened a few times before, but it has been dramatically altered by the new crawling thing. I used to be able to pop her down in the sunny living room and pop into the kitchen and grab a bowl of cereal and a quick coffee. The last few days, however, have been a different story entirely. She's getting so quick (and quick to get frustrated and need attention). It's like being able to move isn't enought for her - she wants to be able to run!
We're going to spend the day today Lily proofing the house. It's amazing the things she gets herself into - she has a particular, if somewhat strange, fondness for a couple of old speakers I'd stashed under the couch. She also loves this laptop - making typing an intereesting experience...
I actually opened blogger to post about the situation in Burma, but find myself besiged by little hands so will just leave it at this: The writing is on the wall, and it says, Free Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, you facist arseholes.
Well, that made me feel somewhat better.
Oh, and before I forget (and before I hit post and let Lily have free reign on the keyboard), Burmanet says head fuckwit Than Shwe's family has been whisked off to Laos on a chartered jet. It seems the Burmese first family (first in greed, violence and repression) are safely ensconced inside the stronghold of Burma's closest (if almost entirely impotent) ally. Good to know.
I don't think the keyboard can take anymore drool, so I'll leave it there.
No comments:
Post a Comment