I am impatient.
Yesterday I scrubbed all of our walls and cupboard doors clean, read every feed in my bloglines account, reorganised our computer and paper files, stewed peaches, cleaned the desk, cooked lunch (scrambled tofu and olive bread), ate lunch while refreshing bloglines several times in case there were any new posts, created new boxes for storing our wrapping paper, cards & ribbon, had a swim, washed my hair (rare event), made some final edits to a chapter of my thesis and emailed it to my supervisor, ate dinner (yummy chili made by P), had Braxton-Hicks contractions, had a walk to see if they would increase, gave up, went to bed.
Why can't they just give me a date rather than this whole approximate 'some time in the next two weeks' thing? If I knew when it was going to happen, I could plan my time accordingly and be less impatient.
One more thing: what on earth am I going to do with myself today? (Leaving the house doesn't feature highly on my wish list, BTW - I am over waddling slowly in public and talking to people about how big I am or when I am due).
If only we hadn't already cleaned out all of the cupboards...
No comments:
Post a Comment