Bill O'Reilly, host of Talking Point and The Radio Factor, commented on his radio program that he wished hurricane Katrina had hit the UN Headquarters in New York, rather than New Orleans.
"Bush to address the U.N., says we must be steadfast in battling terrorism. I'm sure all the U.N. people fell asleep. They don't really care about anything over there at all. I just wish Katrina had only hit the United Nations building, nothing else, just had flooded them out. And I wouldn't have rescued them."
This on the day the World Summit opened.
Nice work Bill.
The UN Foundation has called for an apology and retraction. I hope they're not holding their breath.
o'reilly-sucks.com has a nice round-up of the whole schamozzle here.
Not that anyone would ever expect much more than tripe and right wing propaganda from Bill O'Reilly. He's notorious for inviting guests on to his show and then shooting them down and telling them to "shut up" every time they try to speak.
There's a fantastic montage of O'Reilly at his "shut upping" best in Outfoxed, which runs right after he denies he has ever told anyone to shut up. Cinematic gold.
For more debunking of Fox News spin, check out the News Hounds - they watch Fox so you don't have to.
No comments:
Post a Comment