Isil from Veggie Way tagged me to do this meme and so here are 8 random facts about me:
1. I wanted to be an actor right up until I finished school. For some reason I woke up on the morning of my first audition to get into Theatre Arts at University and changed my mind. As a result I got into my back-up choice: law. I have never regretted this decision.
2. I worked as a corporate solicitor (lawyer) for exactly one year. It did not suit me.
3. I became a vegetarian when I was 5 years old. I made the sudden connection between the chicken in my bowl and those that lived on the same farm as my aunty's horse. I marched into the kitchen and declared that I would no longer eat meat. Fortunately I had very tolerant and well-informed parents who knew how to cook vegetarian food for me.
4. I am deeply untalented at drawing and painting. I wish that this was not the case and envy people who can draw well.
5. I studied the violin for 4.5 years. By the end of that time I still sounded like a screeching cat. This was due to a combination of a severe lack of talent and a complete failure to practice.
6. I also used to figure skate, but never particularly well.
7. I lived (with my family) in a religious community in Melbourne when I was a small child. It was called 'The House of the Gentle Bunyip'.
8. P. and I met in High School. In fact, we even dated for a time in high school. However, you could not really describe us as 'high school sweethearts'.
I'm tagging anyone who feels like doing this meme...