Sunday, 5 November 2006

Vegan Lunch Box

OK, so I mentioned this in my last post, but it was somewhat buried in all the ranting about hormones etc. so I thought that I would mention it again - just in case you missed it.




Jennifer McCann, author of the fabulous blog Vegan Lunch Box, has been writing a recipe book based on those amazing lunches that she put together for her little one every school day last year. I, like many other people, have spent the year drooling over the photos and feeling very inspired by her creativity. Anyway, her book is finally ready for sale and will be available for to be posted out from 15 Nov.

Australian fans will be pleased to know that you can order it locally from an Australian site - Lunchmatters. [I was actually so pleased, well excited really, that I ordered two copies...]

I have to admit that I find this book particularly exciting because P and I are planning to bring up our little one as a vegan and anything that will make that easier for us is a real blessing. This book will ensure that we can give our little one the coolest lunches at school rather than having them feel left out because they aren't eating dead flesh or drinking another mammal's milk. However, I really think that this book will appeal to people who are omnivores or vegetarians, because the lunches are really so fun that they would suit any child.

Of course, I am well aware of the fact that our little one is actually not yet born and thus won't be eating school lunches for quite some time. I have a couple of things to say about this:
  • P and I eat lunch too. [Yes, I do work from home, but still...]
  • HORMONES!

Actually, on the subject of lunch. It is worth checking out these great images of vegan bento lunches on this flixr group. [Thank you to Kristy for the link]

Above image, obviously, from veganlunchbox.blogspot.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin